Details of Pokémon GO's May Community Day have been announced. The event will start from 11 a.m. on Sunday May 24th, when the acorn Pokémon Seedot will be spawning in abundance.
Given the global situation, this (like April's event) will be another six-hour play-at-home session.
Overview of Pokémon GO's play-at-home Seedot Community Day (May 2020)
- Sunday May 24th, 2020 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (six hours)
- Seedot spawning in abundance
- Appearance of Seedot color variations
- Evolve Seedot into Shiftry within two hours after the end of the event to learn the "Bullet Seed" move
- Special research exclusive to this event ("Solve the mystery of acorn Pokémon!") available for 120 yen Rewards include three Incense, five Golden Razz Berries, etc.
- XP x 3 when catching Pokémon
- Incense effects continue for 3 hours
- By setting Buddy Pokémon as Great Buddy or higher, items helpful for the event may be retrieved
- Community Day Box on sale Contains the Fast TM Technical Machine, Hyperball x 30, Incense x 3, Lucky Egg x 3. Price: 1,280 Pokecoins. First time only.
- Surprises await those who take GO snapshots during the event
Seedot is basically just an acorn, but when it evolves its nose gets longer and it turns into the more human-like Nuzleaf. From an innocent acorn it becomes a veritable Dark-type Pokémon. Further evolution turns it into the dark long-nosed Shiftry.
This may not be one of the showiest species, but Shiftry can be used in the Ultra League and elsewhere thanks to its suitability for battle.This article was originally written in Japan. The images and content are as they were in Japan at the time of writing.
Sponsored by Verizon Media